April completely got away from me. On April 30th, at around 11:55pm, I thought, "Oh, I really should post something tonight, or it will have been a month without posts, and I've been trying to be better about that." This was quickly followed by the thought, "Oh, fuck it. It's my blog and I don't feel like it." I think it's safe to say that I have that kind of internal dialogue relatively often. I know that I need more discipline -- I've been writing one particular blog post in my head since March, right after my last one -- but I suppose I lack the motivation to dig down and find it.
I think now would be a good time to go back and take a look at my list of things I want to do this year, as I have actually made some progress on it.
List 1: My Goals For The Upcoming Year - In Progress
Take another trip to Los Angeles to visit friends(I went in May)
- Find or create a job that I can stand (No luck as of yet)
Get a new blog design(What I did is all that will be done this year)
- Put together a disaster-preparedness kit (Nope)
- Blog more regularly (Clearly, no)
Find a volunteer position(The library gig, still enjoying that) Complete some cross-stitch projects(Got 3 completed!)
- Pare down my possessions (Uh...no)
- Drink more wine (Some progress here, but not much)
- Take more photos and organize them (Taking them, yes; organizing them, no.)
- Watch as many of the movies that "everyone" has seen that I haven't (2 down, many to go)
That brings us to my latest list, which I wrangled with for a long time back in, oh, February. (I have discovered, by the way, that these kinds of lists really tax my memory and creativity. When people ask me questions along the line of "What's your favorite [fill in the blank]?" my mind tends to totally freeze up. I never really realized that about myself before embarking on this list thing.) These are the people whom I consider to be my heroes, in no particular order.
List 2: My Heroes