May 28, 2008

Odds 'n Ends

Though there are many sad stories about those who lost everything, the fire is contained and should be fully extinguished soon -- yay. Good job to the men and women who fought it; it was far from easy.

On a completely different note, I totally rocked this quiz about company mascots this morning. I challenge any of you to beat my score -- 19 out of 20 -- without cheating by looking up any of them in another window. A prize will be offered on two conditions: 1. You need to prove your score with a screen shot emailed to me; and 2. You have to look me in the eye and tell me you didn't cheat. Thus, by its nature, this is for people I know and see regularly. Everyone else is welcome to share your results in the comments (...you remember how those work right?), where I can offer only ridicule or kudos.

Switching gears again, I was sent a useful link today that I thought I'd share. It's a local gas price aggregator, which shows you the lowest reported gas prices in your area code. It may not be 100% accurate to the moment (it reflects overnight price reports) and I noticed that it doesn't include Costco gas stations, but it gives you a good idea of where you can expect to find lower prices compared to the rest of the area.