November 18, 2008

Let the HoGGIEs Begin!

Any time I can combine two of my favorite things, it usually makes me pretty happy. Make it three favorite things and it's a sure bet that I'm near-ecstatic. In this case, the three favorite things I'm going to combine are food/baking, giving gifts and helping people find the perfect gifts for others.

In the past I've done mini gift guides here, but I wasn't feeling it last year (and probably the year before, I don't remember that far back --if you're curious, hit the archives over there) so it has been a while. This year, while I'm still resenting the fact that we continue to rush every single season and holiday to the point of the ridiculous, I'm starting to see things online and in stores that are making the part of me that loves the holidays stir just a bit.

So, here's the first installment of The One Ping Only 2008 Holiday Gift-Giving Ideas Extravaganza, the "HoGGIEs," and I can hardly bear it. Ba-da-bum!

Behold, the Build-A-Bear Workshop® Cake Pan from Williams-Sonoma.



Does a cake get much cuter than that? From the online description:
At Build-A-Bear Workshops, you can make your own stuffed animal. And now you can enjoy the same experience in your own kitchen, using your favorite cake batter. [The] pan bakes a three-dimensional bear cake in two halves that can be joined and decorated with icing.
Information of note:
  • $39.95, available here at Williams-Sonoma
  • Made in the USA by Nordic Ware
  • With your purchase, you’ll receive a $5 coupon valid with a $25 purchase at any Build-a-Bear Workshop.
  • It's not just a holiday item, you could "dress" the bear in different ways...or let him go bare naked, I suppose.
Who is this gift for?
  • A woman with every kitchen tool known to mankind already
  • Someone with kids under 6 who likes to make their cakes
  • That friend who still has stuffed animals on her bed after the age of 21
  • A person with no baking skills, whom you don't like very much
Go forth and gift!