December 20, 2006

Fear not!

The drive to post is still there, I haven't forgotten or fallen back into my malaise of non-posting days. No, it's just the upcoming holiday. The last several nights have been so occupied making this and wrapping that, that I just haven't been able to keep my eyes open long enough to be coherent. I would tell you in more detail what that has involved, but that would surely take some of the fun out of it for the intended recipients, so you're just going to have to wait...just like they do!

The good news is that I'm on vacation now through the New Year (and a few days into it) so hopefully there will be more hours in the day to accomplish the kinds of things that have been keeping me up too late.

Before I seek sanctuary in the comfort of my bed for the night, I wanted to share with you a story that caught my attention on the news today, which you may have already seen. It was revealed today that a woman "accidentally" put her month-old grandson through the x-ray machine at LAX this past Saturday. What can you say about something like that? One official claimed it "was was an innocent mistake by an obviously inexperienced traveler," while another (more accurately, in my opinion) said that "there's an obligation on the traveler to use some common sense." There's the crux of it, really, isn't it? People have abandoned common sense at the same rate that they've abandoned common courtesy in the last decade or so. Guess they're not really so "common" anymore.