January 03, 2008

Busy busy still busy

Busy. And tired. Planning takes it out of me. But I can hear that wind getting louder - literally and figuratively. We're having stormy weather here with high winds. Hope it doesn't stay bad for long; y'know, in case someone were going to be traveling soon. (I don't know about you, but the suspense is killing me. Should know more tomorrow...if we don't, I'm going to be a nervous wreck this weekend!)

So, let's see, how about a quick link? If you watched "The Next Iron Chef America," this blog's author will be familiar to you. Michael Ruhlman was the judge who gave runner-up John Besh a hard time because his "consomme" wasn't actually consomme. (Also known as "the blond guy" if you weren't paying quite that much attention.) While not a chef himself, he's a writer about all things cooking and chef-related, including his new book The Elements of Cooking, which B2W3 so kindly gave me for Christmas. I've been enjoying his blog since I found it. He even inspired me to make my own stock, which was a lot easier than I anticipated. Bon appéblog.