August 16, 2004

Get your month on

I can't say that I've gotten into too many blog memes, but I found this one pretty intriguing. Thanks to cbeck for assisting in its proliferation and "letting" me steal the title for this post. (As I often find at work from our clients, sometimes it's easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission!) Portions in brackets below are my attempts to make the instructions a little clearer.

YOUR BIRTH MONTH
Pick your birth month [from this list] and cross (strike) out what doesn't apply to you. To strike out you use the S tag. So for the cross out you would surround the [portion to be crossed out by a tag with "s" in the first set of angle brackets and "/s" in the closing set of angle brackets.] Then post the whole list for the next person or link back to here.

NOVEMBER:Has a lot of ideas. Difficult to fathom. Thinks forward. Unique and brilliant. Extraordinary ideas. Sharp thinking. Fine and strong clairvoyance. Can become good doctors. Dynamic in personality. Secretive. Inquisitive. Knows how to dig secrets. Always thinking. Less talkative but amiable. Brave and generous. Patient. Stubborn and hard-hearted. If there is a will, there is a way. Determined. Never give up. Hardly becomes angry unless provoked. Loves to be alone. Thinks differently from others. Sharp-minded. Motivates oneself. Does not appreciates praises. High-spirited. Well-built and tough. Deep love and emotions. Romantic. Uncertain in relationships. Homely. Hardworking. High abilities. Trustworthy. Honest and keeps secrets. Not able to control emotions. Unpredictable.

I suppose there's a great deal of hubris in keeping certain of the qualities and a great deal of self-effacement in deleting certain of others, and of course not all of them apply all of the time. But I figured that if I've been called any of them by people who know me well (and I have) or I have enough self-awareness to know that I possess some of them, for better or worse, (and I think I do) I might as well 'fess up to it.