December 20, 2007

She's alive!

I've been mulling over how to jump back into posting here, having written dozens of posts in my head that never made it to the computer. But when even your mother (who was an infrequent visitor, at best) is asking if you're ever going to blog again, it's time to consider it.

To jumpstart me, I visited the page to re-read my last post and was astonished to see that people were still coming by and two people had commented in the last week! So, yes, Joe, I am alive and I'm back. Thank you for asking; it was just the impetus I needed.

Consider the ice broken. A year is a long time to be gone, and I'm going to have to re-learn the very little I knew about HTML and making things work here. Like that blog list over there, "Mo Pings." I have a feeling half of them probably don't work, and it will take me time to go through it and update it. So be patient, because I've found a bunch of new links to add that I hope will make it worth your while. And labels; I assume those are the same as "tags" and I can add them, though I have no idea what purpose it will serve here. I've popped some in there for the heck of it. I'm terribly behind on what Blogger can now do, but it will be fun to figure it out.

I don't have a really good reason for why I've been M.I.A., other than I've realized I'm a very cyclical person. (Not cynical, though I may be that too; cyclical as in I do things in cycles.) I do things a lot when I'm interested in them, then I need a break and I hibernate from the thing I really still do enjoy. Cross-stitching is a good example of this. I'll go at it like there's no tomorrow, and there's nothing else I'd rather be doing, then I don't pick up a project for months or even years at a time.

What has been occupying much of my free time lately is playing games on Pogo. I really enjoy the challenge of playing for badges (check out the site if you don't know what I mean, and if you like it and want a guest pass, let me know) and the games are generally relaxing to me, which is often exactly what I need at the end of the workday. But I suppose it's time to exercise a different part of my brain for a little while.

Things are going to be a little different, however. This post feels just like old times, me running off at the keyboard with whatever's in my head, but sometimes the pressure I put on myself to post something complete and well thought-out and meaningful sidetracks the intention. So I think that most posts are going to be shorter and more about what on the Web is interesting me right now. I don't feel very behind any "cause" right now and there's nothing I feel passionate about sharing with the world. That may change, of course, but for the time being that's where I am.

I hope a few old friends will see that this blog has been revived from the near-dead and will pop in to say hi. I will do the same as I work my way through that list of links to see who's still around. And new friends, please feel free to say hi, too, and I'll stop by for a visit when I can. In between games of Lottso, that is.