April 01, 2004

The big boys' Matchbox garage

Tell me this isn't the coolest apartment feature ever. Let other people have their waterfall showers, their floor-to-ceiling windows, their amazing views, their doormen and their building-wide wireless Internet access, I want me a rack 'em, stack 'em and pack 'em garage. That is if I lost my mind first and decided to move to a city where that kind of apartment building would actually exist. Then I would owe it to myself to spend $25K a year to wave a card at a panel and send my car to its little cement coffin for the night.

I do have an important question, however: What if there's a blackout or other power failure of any duration? Can you wave the little card in front of the cab driver you'll have to call and have the apartment manager pay for it?