August 10, 2008

The Good, The Expensive, The Ridiculous

A while back, I stumbled across Uncrate while looking for info on something or another I wanted to buy. I'm not its target audience by any means (it calls itself "a web magazine for guys who love stuff"), but I enjoy popping over there and checking out the interesting array of stuff they feature.

My latest foray there immediately put the above title into my head, so I thought I'd share some of the highlights...and lowlights. Can't hurt to know what gifts might be on the List (real or imagined) for the guy in your life, right?

The Good



Natural Tree-Stump Side Table - I really like the look of this and could see it being a nice touch in a rustic decor.



Glasses made of recycled glass from discarded car windshields. Clever way to be a little greener...and not just because of the tint of the glass. These, along with a pitcher, can be found at Uncommon Goods, where I've purchased things in the past.

The Expensive



A tool chest for the 21st century. Featured on MTV's "Pimp My Tool." (Hmm, that didn't come out quite right.) Brought to you by Kobalt and available at your local Lowe's. I have to admit that I like the built-in fridge.



The new Aston Martin One-77. The pricetag: $1.9 million. Yeah, you read that right.

The Ridiculous



Yes, it's the GoateeSaver. Now coming to a town near you!



The Beer Belt. I find it interesting that they have this displayed on a chick, not a pot-bellied guy.

I have to tell you that there were a half-dozen things I could have put under each of the Expensive and the Ridiculous, and it was hard to pare it down to only two, whereas there really were not that many for the Good. Maybe it's that missing Y chromosome or something.