September 13, 2005

Trying to be positive...and failing

I nicked this link from copygodd: 25 Mind-Numbingly Stupid Quotes About Hurricane Katrina And Its Aftermath. (Personally I'd put #2 in the #1 spot because it is far and away the one that makes me maddest.)

Normally I'd just send you to his site for it, but he has this clown theme going on right now -- he changes blog schemes like the rest of us change our hairstyles (women)/underwear(men)/furniture(Rita) -- and, as I've told him, it's freaking me out so I can't do that to any faithful readers who might feel likewise.

Anyway, on a related note, because just enough time has passed for the scum to ooze out of the woodwork and find a way to take advantage of the basic goodness of people*, we have our first Katrina relief scams up and running. Lovely.

Because I'd like to end this on a happier note, however, please join me in wishing the best to Heidi Klum and her husband, Seal (one of my favorite singers), who just welcomed a baby boy into the world. (See, Flavio "Fuckwit" Briatore, there are famous-and-wealthy-but-decent men in the world who don't cheat on and dump a woman they've gotten pregnant, you jerk. Damn, so much for the more positive ending -- I just can't stand that prick.)

*Don't get me wrong, I still think the vast majority of people are terrifically stupid, but there is a level of goodness that occasionally manages to rise above the average duh-ness they exhibit on a daily basis, such as after a major disaster like this.