January 30, 2009

Grace in Small Things, 8/365-ish

1. Taking a day off from GISTing and not beating myself up or stressing over getting back into it.

2. A quiet dinner with a best friend.

3. Having someone say, "Mmm, you smell good," when they hug you hello, though you weren't even trying.

4. Looking up in the sky on a clear night and spotting a constellation immediately.

5. [Insert highly personal, post-sickness item that only I would care about.]

While I still have a few moments every couple of hours where I feel wonky, overall I'm much better. Such a relief. I hope never to be that sick again.

It has been such a weird week that I really don't have much else going on. I'm happy for the weekend and a chance to rest up because even though I've been sleeping a full night, every night, this has taken a lot out of me and I'm tired.