March 10, 2005

Can we all scream?

There are few things in life that I enjoy more than ice cream. Some of you may have realized that a couple weeks ago when you learned that the current love in my life is a pint of Ben & Jerry's.

In case you were wondering, yes, we're still rapturously enamored of each other.

But tonight, I cheated.

I know it was wrong, and I could barely even look at the freezer when I got back home, but I couldn't resist. I am weak. There are too many other flavors out there for a girl to just sample one.

I waited until after Survivor was over before I went catting around, but I know that it really started earlier in the day when I lusted in my heart for one of his siblings. Please, try not to think too ill of me until you hear the whole story.

It all started right here, in the blog world, earlier today. I was checking out a blog I'd never visited before, which I had found in that wonderful hopscotch way of the Internet, when I saw this post. What was I supposed to do? Add the allure of a great band to the siren song of ice cream with raspberry and brownies and I'm supposed to not be moved? I mean, come on. I held my moral ground for a minute, gulped, and clicked off the page that was calling me to temptation.

Unfortunately, this was the page I clicked over to. Can you say "Childhood in a pint container" with me? Chocolate ice cream, the magic of s'mores and the memory of the most classic Brady Bunch episode ever? But no, I told myself, it's just not right. Click away, click away!

So I did. But then I literally found a flavor I couldn't refuse. No, literally. Those pied pipers of chilled confections have loosed The Gobfather™ upon the world. "Chocolate Ice Cream with Fudge Covered Almonds & a Nougat Swirl" -- who could say no?

I tried, mightily. I staggered away from my desk and buried myself in busywork, trying not to think about it. I was successful for several hours, but then came that moment when you have the chance to say "no" and you make your decision.

That moment came to me in the form of my brother querying with five simple, innocent words: What time does Coldstone close?

I will spare you the messy details that followed. But I am a fallen woman. So there's really only one question left to ask.

Does anyone have a spoon?