March 21, 2008

They won't make a slinkity sound, exactly

"Some people are like Slinkies...largely useless, but they can still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Today's quote is from a commenter on Dooce where, in her most recent post, Heather shares some of the unbelievable hate mail she gets, as well as her response to it.

Everything I could think to say about the people who take the time to send ugly mail like that to someone, anyone, has been said five times over in the comments so I won't waste our time rehashing it.

I'll just say that I'm glad to toil on in obscurity if that is what you have to look forward to when you become an award-winning, financially successful and influential blogger.

And that I may be getting a Slinky soon, since the law tends to frown on pushing people down stairs.