July 07, 2004

Blossom on my mind

Hibiscus Posted by Hello


For some reason I don't have much to say today. Work has been pretty low-key lately, which is highly unusual, so I think I'm a little off-kilter...oh, wait, that's just me feeling relaxed. It has been so long I didn't recognize it.

In my little arbor of contentment, my thoughts turn to warm, fuzzy images of kittens, rainbows and flowers. Kittens -- got that covered. Rainbows are never truly captured on film. That leaves flowers. Hence the above photo of the first hibiscus I've ever successfully kept alive for longer than a month. I'm quite proud. Not of the little ants scurrying around (if you look closely), but I didn't notice them until the picture was taken and, hey, it's the great outdoors.

They're beautiful but delicate flowers with a very short bloom life. I don't know much about them since I've had such a hard time growing them in the past, but I'm feeling encourged to take on another one soon. I thought maybe this variety might be just the thing for an aspiring blogger.