September 03, 2004

Sad news

It is with a very sad and heavy heart that I feel compelled to pass along to you some unfortunate news.

Yesterday, after I had finished but not yet published my post sharing with you the link to the wonderful pictures of Hudson, and gone back to the tedious matter of work, Hudson's dad, Robb, began to post about Hudson being sick and headed to the vet's office.

I learned later that he updated during the afternoon and things got worse, then a bit better but still not good. I did not have the opportunity to catch up on these development before publishing my prepared entry, which in hindsight was a regrettable oversight on my part.

There is no other way to do it but to tell you that today I learned that Hudson didn't get better and, I am so very sorry to say, he didn't make it. It's heartbreaking to have celebrated a beautiful cat one day and have to share something so utterly sad the next.

I hope you'll send Robb your best and give your own furry friends a little extra love today.