February 23, 2004

I AM Ireland!

Okay, I wasn't going to even take this quiz, let alone blog about it, but the result startled me so much that I had to. The other blogs where I'd seen what country people are were all kind of weird, Swaziland, Togo, and the like. But in one of my "between project" blog-reading breaks, I decided to give it a whirl while reading frogblog and connecting via the link she provides.

Here's what it said: "You're Ireland! Mystical and rain-soaked, you remain mysterious to many people, and this makes you intriguing. You also like a good night at the pub, though many are just as worried that you will blow up the pub as drink your beverage of choice. You're good with words, remarkably lucky, and know and enjoy at least fifteen ways of eating a potato. You really don't like snakes."

I think the next-to-last sentence is pretty darn apt; I don't know about the rest except that I really don't mind snakes. And I think that anyone who really knows me will find it as hysterical as I do that it would have pegged me as Ireland, given my heritage.

A note about these kinds of "You are..." quizzes and my blog: Most other bloggers will post the results using the code provided at the end of the quiz, which will put up a picture (in this case, a big flag) and the accompanying text. Nothing wrong with that, it's just not me, so you'll probably never see that here. But if you go elsewhere (which you should, especially the referring blog!) and see them, I thought I'd let you know why I don't do it...before you go thinking I just haven't figured it out. :)