June 10, 2004

My Maiden Poll

I recently had a conversation with a co-worker about how we would rank three of the greatest things in life -- food, sex, and sleep -- in terms of how important they were to us. The order in which we placed them was quite different, and we were each pretty unwavering about our ranking. It made me wonder how other people would order the three, especially if it could be anonymously...and therefore honestly.

With that in mind, you will find my first, terribly important, poll over to the right. Please note that I put the three things in alphabetical order (here in the post and over there in the poll's first option, moving one to the right for each subsequent option), so as to list them in as unbiased a way as possible and there is no preference expressed by the order in which they are presented.

I'd be thrilled to have your participation, since I'm curious about how evenly divided the results are -- or aren't -- and how many people select the same order I did. And, no, I'm not saying which one I picked. I'll add my choice in after other people have offered their two cents!