June 24, 2004

Make mine with extra butter, please.

The beer poll has concluded and the results were both decisive and heartwarming to me. A full 50% of the vote went to "Microbrews and imports." And, heinous accusations of discrimination against the beers of a certain northern neighbor hurled at me notwithstanding, I think it's a fine confirmation of my and my readers' beer sense. Yes, this time I was with the majority, Sam Adams in hand. The non-picky/cheapskate crowd of "Whatever you're buying" came in second with about 30% of the vote. The Evil Bud (representative of all sub-par beer, from my perspective) got only one measly vote.

This week's poll looks to the silver screen -- though with the cost of movies these days, maybe it should be the platinum screen -- and the hottest upcoming films. Which blockbuster are you most looking forward to this summer? There's even a choice for the die-hard, "Who needs to leave the house?" Netflix crowd! So please take your seat, turn off your damned cell phone and no talking while you vote.

In a related note, I feel honor-bound to go see Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story as soon as possible. An unbelievable number of people are coming to OPO daily via "dodgeball clubs" Google searches (or, on my computer, "seawches") thanks to this post. I feel like I'm letting them down by not having more info here.

If you're looking for suggestions for team names, please let us know. A pretty creative group of people stop by and I'm sure they'd be willing to come up with something fan-freaking-tastic for you. It's not like we're going to join the team -- that would take time away from our computers, you see -- but I know we could toss out some very original names. Let us help make you the team everyone wants to come see!

In the meantime, check out dodgeball.com and perhaps you'll find some teammates to dodge the red rubber demon with you. It has absolutely nothing to do with the game of dodgeball, but it's an interesting idea and it involves pinging so it has to be good!