June 11, 2004

Unfocused Friday

No one thing bubbled to the surface and really caught my attention today, so I thought I'd take the opportunity to do a couple updates.

Really barking up the wrong tree - Twice before I've mentioned the Boohbahs here and, through that weird confluence of words that brings a certain page up on Google, someone found this site by entering "boohbah are gay i want to make a complaint" on their search. I'm going to assume that the person meant "gay" in the sense of "homosexual," and I can only imagine their disappointment if they read beyond that second post because they certainly didn't find an ally in their complaint.

Red Rubber Ball Redux - A surprising number of people have found OPO by doing various searches on "dodgeball clubs". For some reason, I didn't mention that there is a movie coming out this month about adult dodgeball called Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story. Since then I've learned that there is also a new TV show called Extreme Dodgeball on GSN starting next week. This article touches on them both.

A Little Taste of Art Week - I was going to save this for the next time I got inspired to do an Art Week (or Art Half Week, if we're going to be accurate). While one of the coolest parts about Gmail is that I can send myself things there and I don't have to worry about them going away if I don't get to them right away, but who knows when I'll have enough pulled together to make it worth our while. So here's Drainspotting, which I think of as the art of our everyday surroundings. I haven't been through all of them yet but, if they don't already have it, there's a really cool manhole cover in downtown San Jose that I'd like to send in.

Still Crazy After All These Episodes - I still love Pimp My Ride, but I'm really not that fond of Punk'd.

Last, But Not Least - Now, for your linking pleasure, a new and improved URL. Ladies and gents, welcome to the birth of www.onepingonly.com. I still can't figure out how to get a picture up here but, dammit, I have my own domain name!

I do hope that last item saves this from being a "clip show." Enjoy your weekend.